The Beginning of The End

It's insane to think that it's my last year here at HTHS. Every year I've had more and more friends leave for the real world, but never thought that my turn would come. I can't even believe that I was becoming frustrated my Freshman year by comparing my art to those who were older than me- because the experience I've gained in these short years has felt like decades of evolvement. I wish I could stay for four more years- I wish even more that I could have had the opportunity to take different specialized art courses and for that I'm extremely disappointed in our school, board, and state. Our art class is not a group of kids looking for an easy 'A' and a couple of pictures to hang on the fridge, and I couldn't be more grateful for that. My progression from freshman year until now has been momentous, and that improvement wouldn't happen with a rub on the back, a word of encouragement, and zig-zag scissors day after day. I wish the impact of art classes like ours was more evident. Despite the disappointment, I want to make this last year substantial, and push myself more than I ever have. I truly hope that our art program will revert back to what it once was, and try not to think about where I could be as an artist if I had those resources available to me for all four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment