Finished Metals Project

After a long struggle- I managed to complete my metals project. I must admit that I'm happy I didn't just stick to my first design preference because I think the fish is far more sophisticated than my other design, and the negative space it contains is much more creative and involved than a bunch of obvious parts connecting for an obvious purpose. Oxidization didn't happen the way I truly wanted it to- I had strived for a more extreme color than what I received, but I found that it was quite easy to improve with colored pencils. I also stuck another piece into the design last minute that added a pop of blue. I really love the way the piece came out, but I have no idea of what I'd like to do with it. I'm thankful that I made it out of metals alive this year, and with something I'm 10x more proud of compared to last year. I think metals and I saw a bit more eye to eye which I'm SO happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment