zzZZZzzzZZZz


And I don't mean the sound of sleeping, but the sound of 20 little awful saws all screeching across different metals all at once. Don't get me wrong- it's nice to know how to work with metals, but it's definitely high up on my list of most frustrating activities (but it will never top clay). Thinking of a billion different designs, picking a few, drawing them out, cutting them into drafts, taping them together, picking a final, tracing the shapes, and SAWING SAWING SAWING.
Not to mention the breaking of saw blades left and right. It's hardly a rewarding experience, but it does look neat. I must admit that I can't believe how much less painful this is compared to last year. I had dreadfully crooked lines, an unimpressive design, and smoke pouring out of my ears. This year I've gone for a fish with lots of negative space rather than the layered and awkwardly shaped eye I worked on last year. I think it'll be really interesting when I put the finishing touches on it, and I hope I don't rip it apart with frustration before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment