I guess I'll just glue that on there too


One of my largest weaknesses is mixed media. I find it so extremely difficult to map out what I want to accomplish when I must find certain things that fulfill whatever picture comes to my mind. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me, so basically I am clueless. At first I just started embarrassingly slapping magazine pictures together. I didn't understand why, and I had absolutely no direction. Just. Gluing. You can see how well that worked out for me. I even glued a pencil to it. Why. After realizing what an ugly hunk of junk it was- I started ripping EVERYTHING apart. I thought I was going to have to trash everything, but I actually liked what started to happen. The layer with brick paper was slowly revealed until it hit me, and I started with the idea of a graffiti theme. Which I am highly interested in, but never get to play around with.

I like it much much better, and even managed to add LEDs to my little television. I added graffiti-like doodles and that represent some of the personal details of my life, and some like Sonic (which my dad and I played for hours and hours together) and The Three Stooges (which my grandpa and I always watched together). I was super glad that I could salvage all of the junk I started out with, but in the end I'm still not much of a mixed media person at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment