The work of Salvador Dali instantly pulled me in after viewing the slide in class. I had always known about the famous clock painting, and to be honest it was never very interesting to me. But then I saw this image- and I loved it.

And then I realized that it was not a painting, but an entire room formed around the idea of an optical illusion and I was incredibly inspired. I wanted to go home- tear down the walls and start creating something similar.
Dali was born in Spain in 1904, and concerned himself with creating an iconic status for himself. Which is exactly what I would love to do. Not only was he a painter, but a sculptor, photographer, and a fashionista! I adore that his work is scattered and unexpected, and that he managed to dive deeply and professionally into so many different areas of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment