We've leaped forward a bit to Tempera Batik Painting (Click here for further explaination). I've drawn the lines on my full-sized paper, and I've been practicing different methods of painting on small color studies before I get to the final step. This picture shows a few of my color studies placed against my full-sized paper. They've already been lined, painted, inked, rinsed, and worked back into. I thought I'd be frustrated with the inking and kind of purposeful destruction (ruining that pretty paint by smearing black ink all over it- eee) but I kind of enjoy it. I don't have to sweat the way I paint so much- because I'm just going to go back in with colored pencils and correct it to my liking. I'm satisfied with how I handled most of the proportions on my larger version though. I didn't think I'd be able to satisfy my evil perfectionist side, but I have for now. I shall update in more detail when I start working on the full-sized- and I'll get a picture of my cut apple drawing up soon!

1 comment: