Reflecting back

This marking period flew by faster than I had even imagined it could. I still feel like my body is adjusting to being conscious before noon, and yet we're already wrapping up a fourth of the year. It's crazy. I must say that unlike last year- I'm feeling great about the things I've accomplished. For some reason my brain and hands are working together for once- because I find that I've been translating the crazy images in my head right onto the paper without many issues. I also don't feel like a newbie so much anymore, so it's nice to not worry about meeting a certain criteria because if anything- others are looking towards me for direction (being that I'm surrounded by mostly first year art students). I feel like my rough edges have been sanded down and I'm finally able to move with the celerity that I tried so hard to grasp last year.

1 comment:

  1. Great photography combined with authentic and insightful words. I like how your brain works...well, except for some of those edges (your previous life as a truck driver) that you mentioned! I do agree that those edges are indeed softening a bit, which is calming. Keep up the great work and posts!!

    ReplyDelete