Overload.

Honestly, this marking period has been very stressful for me. Last year art was a way to combat the stresses of school and social life, but this year it seems to be providing more stress than alleviating it. Senior year was supposed to be the "easy year", but it ended up being the most academically challenging year of my life. I feel as though my brain has been forced to shift from a place of art and imagination to one of academics and memorization. I've had to mute the side of me that was once the most important in order to focus on meeting the extremely high standards I have set for myself in other areas. I haven't been able to slow the rapid pace of due-dates that are flying around in my head enough for me to relax and enjoy art this year. I'm disappointed in myself for that, because I've criticized others for pushing away what they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment